Monday, November 16, 2009

Is there a social networking site that will allow me to use my own URL?

MySpace, Tagworld, Multiply, CollectiveX, Yahoo 360 etc. all offer a robust suite of tools (blog, photo posting, video, chat, forums, tags, etc.) but as they host these things, they require you to use their URL. Is there a way to create a site using these tools, but use my own URL? Could I simply redirect viewers? Or is there a service that would allow me to do that?

Is there a social networking site that will allow me to use my own URL?
There is an open distributed standard for relationship information called "Friend of a Friend" (FOAF):





http://www.foaf-project.org/





But the project has had nowhere near the success that any of these other sites have. You can add a FOAF file to your own site, but it makes most sense if you're linking to people who also use FOAF.





As an alternative, you can also simply redirect or use frames to have your URL direct attention to these sites (although you'll probably have to choose).

shoe parts

No comments:

Post a Comment